Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Except for grocery shopping this morning, I got to stay home all day. Tomorrow I don't have to go anywhere.

The weather was beautiful again. If it wasn't so day we could wish for these days to go on forever. Chelsea got me up at 5:30 this morning. I really prefer that extra half hour and it is only just beginning to get light at 5:30. Pretty soon, we will have to be waiting a bit for our walk. I have decided not to walk in the dark any more, especially when it gets cold and slippery out there. I can just see me crawling home in the dark if I fell. Of course, there are usually several of us out between 5 and 7AM so I am sure SOMEONE would find me.

I cut down a bush on the side of the house that is over half dead and looked like heck. Actually hell. I only got two new bruises on my hands and arms. I wish I could get Jim or Dick to dig it out and maybe we could put something better in there. At least, as Dick said the meter reader will be happy because I uncovered the meter with my efforts. Maybe it will grow back healthier in the spring.

We are getting closer to Celtic Faire. This Thursday, the Kindercore and the Classic Choir will start practicing for it. I am getting calls from the vendors confirming thier spots. I must call Beth Dipple at the Research Center as she sets up a booth to plug the center and advise people how to start looking for their ancestors. She had a great ad for the Faire in the Researcher, the Research Center newsletter. Probably more people with see that than the newspaper ads. That makes me remember that I still have not heard form the Sheboygan Falls Review. I guess I should let Tom, the publicity guy, know that.

Anyway, tomorrow is an at home day. Dick wants to trim some bushes which means that I will be gathering the branches.

"May sunlight shine upon you and warm your heart 'til it glows like a great peat fire so that the stranger may come and warm himself by it."

The second line of the Irish Blessing that will be in the Celtic Mass worship folder.

Enjoy.

Mary

No comments: