Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tonight I am going to watch a movie, called The Forgotten at 8:00PM and decided to post this a bit early. It has been a fairly quiet day.

Dick and I grocery-shopped (that can be a new verb) this morning after a pleasant breakfast at Zana's on the way. I like the fact that the resturants we go to for breakfast offer fruit in lieu of potatoes. We made it home before it got too hot. Actually, it did stay below 90 degrees though you could have fooled me the few times that I ventured out.

I got caught up on computer work today. After the Celtic Faire Meeting last night, I had to contact a few people. I had copied the song Lament that I absolutely love to a tape for Jim Wilsing and when I called him today, he says he has figured out how to do it. He thinks that we can even get words written to it and have the choir sing it. I am jazzed.

Jim will be home for somewhat over a week on vacation. Tomorrow, he and his Dad are going to Oneida to gamble. All I have to do is prepare the meatloaf and the Mac and Cheese that I am taking to my friend's house. Sam is very ill and I CAN help by preparing a meal. One feels so helpless.

Here's one of my sonnet attempts - I will share it to hope it will help you think cool in the midst of this heat wave.

WINTER CHILL




If today I see the sun should shine
God is in the warming rays.
And fills the center of my mind
With comfort through the day.
Sun on snow creates a glare
That hurts the eyes at times
But if a choice of cloud or glare
I'll take the sun that shines.
Rambling o'er the winter crust
Wandering through the snow
My breath like fog with little puffs
Accentuates the way I go.
Ice and snow on everything
Deny the future warmer spring.


Love

Mary

No comments: