Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Dick and Jim went gambling today. Jim gave a donation again but Dick ended up $40 ahead. He said it was so hot in the place that he finally stopped and went out to a cooler area or he probably would have lost that before they left. Well, $40 is $40.

I had a busy day cooking and delivering. I stopped at Mother's house and she was gone. Then I remembered that she was getting a perm today so when I stopped at Evans to pick up some yarn, I walked down the street to the beauty shop. Sure enough - there she was and I saw my friend Lorraine too. I visited for a few minutes then came on home.

It was very hot again today but we are supposed to get a break starting tomorrow. We may even have some rain tonight. I watered the spots that are showing signs of the grub worms trying to creep in both today and yesterday but God's watering is the best.

We could learn a lot from crayons:
some are sharp, some are pretty,
some are dull, some have weird names,
and all are different colors....but
they all exist very nicely in the same box.

Have a good evening

Til tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: