Saturday, July 02, 2005

We cleaned the garage today. I am tired. At least the temperatures were nice and we were neither too hot nor too cold while doing it. Dick took us out to dinner as a reward. We went to Zana's and had pasta. Dick and I brought enough home that I probably won't have to cook all week.

I went out to fill the birdbath and checked the beans that I replanted. The damn rabbits got them already. I really think it is too late to replant, but I MAY try one more time. I used Mother's methods of repellant. I put a jar half full of water in the bed and I sprinkled liberally with chili powder. Apparantly my rabbits are not afraid of water in a jar and must be fond of spicy food because the plants are GONE!!! I will use the liquid fence more this time, if I can get them to grow.

At dinner, I asked Jim if Pete had tried the pepper jelly yet. Pete is Jim's boss and gave Jim some hot peppers from his garden. I used a couple of them the year before last when I made my last batch of pepper jelly. It is a great jelly, a nice mild kick, but not too hot. Pete is apparantly afraid to try it. I am still trying to figure why he even grew them in the first place as Jim says he is afraid of hot stuff. I know that if he tried this he would like it and told Jim to cluck like a chicken at him for me.

My herbs are thriving this year, sure glad the rabbits leave them alone. I think I will make some lavender bread next week.

I decided that when we win the lottery, I will start having manicures once a week. I would like blue nail polish.

Guess what! Remember when the Felix Cat that Jim put on my computer was multiplying? I had as many as three at one time and it kept chasing the dog that I also had away. I finally gave up on the dog and for the past year, I have had only one cat. However, today there are two cats running around the screen again.

Have a nice Sunday. We are going to fry out.

Happy Forth of July Weekend.

Mary

No comments: