Wednesday, June 29, 2005

We had a lovely holiday.

The International Crane Foundation is always one of my favorite places. This year, there was in the Amoco Whooping Crane Exhibit a chick that is being fostered by the pair of Whoopers that live in the exhibit. I did get to see it for a few moments before the three of them moved behind the rushes and just kept feeding there. I took some pictures and will look at them tomorrow to see if the chick is at all visible. What a thrill. I took LOTS of pictures of all of the other cranes. Some were posing nicely and some were not.

If you want to see more about the cranes, look at www.savingcranes.org. It is a great site. I have been a member of the International Crane Foundation since the first time that Dick and I stumbled on it when we went to the Circus Museum, probably 10 years ago.

Later, after we checked into the hotel, we went to downtown Baraboo and did some shopping. Dick had found an Irish Shop online so we went there. It is a shop with all kinds of truly quality merchandise. I found a three disc set of the Women's Heart music. I had the first one on tape and the second on CD. But getting all three in a set seemed like a good idea. I will find new homes for the duplicates.

Today, we drove home via Prairie Du Sac and the Wollersheim Winery. We do like their wines. Their Domaine Du Sac is SO good. A beaugolais type. It is a smaller bottling for them so they do not often sell it outside of the winery. We stocked up a bit and will have some to share with Mother and Bobbie.

It has cooled down considerably this evening. I is 64 degrees now so Dick turned off the air conditioning and opened things up. Tomorrow it is not supposed to get much over 70 which will be a big relief. It seems that the heat wave is over. We still need rain however and there is none in the immediate future.

I did most of the driving today, and Dick did most of it yesterday. So we make a good team.

I came home to a lot of emails. Most of them were spam of course but several were from friends. My friend, Janet, sent me one with lots of really great quotes. Here is one that tickled my fancy.

I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue . . ."No good in a bed, but fine against a wall." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Til tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: