Thursday, June 30, 2005

Another rather full day. We didn't want the waitress at Zana's to worry because we weren't there on Tuesday for breakfast, so we stopped today on our way to the Pig to grocery shop.

This afternoon, I went back to Falls to meet with Sandy at church. We tried to come up with suggestions for people who can take over the chores that Sr. Marcia was doing. Sr. Marcia is all settled in a cute little apartment in Campbellsport now. Mother said she did come back today to join her Senior Saints at their annual picnic at the Bachmann's. The Bachmann's are a lovely family who plan a picnic and gathering at their farm every year for the Seniors.

I agreed to write a couple of notices for the bulletin and call on Dewey, another church member, to help get the environment(decorating) committee together to do a long term plan. I also will call the Bachman's to be sure that they will have the picnic next year and told Sandy that I would plan programs for the Seniors to fill in the months that they don't have trips or school kids events. We figured that will involve perhaps four programs a year. I think I would enjoy that.

Tonight we "got through" the last of our German songs. Now we have to just practice. We will have one more practice alone and then two with the whole choir at the Bavarian Inn in the Milwaukee area. We told Beth that we would like to sing the German Mass for the congregation the first Sunday in August when we will know it the best. I think the congregation would really like that.

Dick's son, Dick, sent pictures of the tile and flooring that they are having installed in their new remodeled bathroom. It really looks nice. We will have to go see when they are all done.

I took Mom a bottle of both the Domaine Du Sac and the Prairie Fume that we bought at Wollersheim. She is always so pleased.

It was in the upper 80s again today, despite the promises of temperatures in the 70s. Chelsea and I had a lovely walk this morning. I know she was very grateful. When I am gone, she doesn't get walks. Jim says that he thinks she knows because she gets right to business and doesn't even try to lead him down the driveway any more. She is not dumb. Her hair is growing out a bit and she looks a bit shaggy. I will be giving her a bath on Saturday as we are having guests on Tuesday and I want her to be pretty.

She is trying to tell me that it is time for bed now so I will sign off and accomodate her. Have a nice Friday.

It is a big payday for us so we are rich again for a day.

Love

Mary

No comments: