Friday, July 01, 2005

It was actually chilly most of the day. I went to Plymouth to have lunch with the Plymouth gals and darn near froze in the Dairy Queen. I had ham and bean soup for lunch. I've had better. Usually their soups, except for the cream soups, are much better than that.

I spent some time sorting the fabric downstairs, now that I finished the Oak Leaf Table Runner. I put the quilt that I need to tie for the Celtic Faire on the rack and partially assembled a square that I am doing for the Sheboygan County Quilt Guild Show. So far it looks good. It is a star of white and red and then I will be putting blue petals on it, then a gold center for the motif.

Dick and I racked the batch of Gewertziminer that we are almost ready to bottle. It went so smoothly. We can never figure out why sometimes it is a breeze and other times I end up having to scrub the bench and floor because we slop all over the place.

Tonight we had good old hamburger helper for supper. I made spinach with bacon, onion, mushrooms and parmesan cheese to go with it. It was quite simple, I diced a slice of bacon and cooked it together with some chopped onion until the onion was soft, then I drained a can of mushooms and a can of spinach and added them to the pot. Finally just before serving, I added some parmesan until it was melted. Pretty good.

Tomorrow, Chelsea has to have a bath. She will not be a happy girl but she is quite gray by now and we are having guests on Tuesday. Can't have a dirty dog greeting people.

An Alex Levine said "Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all essential four food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat."

That is right up there with the theory that the Sheboygan Brat is the perfect balanced diet. You have your hard roll for grain, your brat for protein, your pickle and onion for vegetable and butter for dairy.

Enjoy your long weekend. We will be at home except that Bobbie and I have to work at Rhine on Sunday. We will watch whatever fireworks that we can see from the deck. We usually get a pretty good show.

Bye now


Mary

No comments: