Monday, July 11, 2005

This morning started off with a gift.

Chelsea and I were walking and we came upon a cardinal in the middle of the road. (The bird kind for those of you, who like Dick, are going to ask if I kissed his ring.) It was obviously dazed and Chelsea got quite excited about it. She is a good girl and does not have a hunting bone in her little body, however, so I was able to get her to sit down. I figured I should get it out of the road so it would not get run over so I reached down to pick it up. It immediately scooted forward and flew to the roof of the nearest house. BUT - I got to touch a cardinal and that was my gift.

The rest of the day was somewhat of a blur. Bible Study was at 9:30AM. I went to see my friend who is so ill at about 11:00. Then I grabbed a burger at Dairy Queen on my way to Writer's Club at 1:00. When I got home it was time to fix dinner. Then I proceed to Sheboygan Falls Conservation to shoot trap with Rosalie. I got a 15 this time. I am trying to concentrate on Bill's instructions to lead the bird.

Then home to eat - I was STARVING by then - and on to my last meeting. The Rhine Plymouth Field and Stream monthly meeting. Now I am home and SO very happy to be here.

Writer's Club was quite interesting. We talked about self publishing vs. publishing by a small publisher (of which there are many who will publish your book with a negotiated fee some of them really being a vanity press.) I would like to put together a chapbook of my poems and Jane Kocmoud would also like to do this. Sy Regan is going to have someone from Sun Graphics, who helped him do his Whittling book, talk to us about what they can do.

Bobbie brought over some Cat Haikus that Teresa at the Library found. Here is one of them to brighten up your day.

"Most problems can be
Ignored. The more difficult
Ones can be slept through."

Have a nice Tuesday


Mary

No comments: