Sunday, July 10, 2005

I found out today at Mass that a friend is dying. The doctor's have said that he has less than a couple of weeks to live. He has cancer which has spread to the brain and wants his friends come to see him. His wife said that they are having "open house" until he is unable to do so and they want to be just family.

I feel I should DO something. Isn't that the way. I make a big pot of soup and will take a tub of it for them. I have been praying every day for him for months. God must want him in heaven. I am minded of a song about a man lost at sea in a gale who in the words of the song tried to "not be afraid of the dying." I hope my friend is not afraid of they dying. I have come to the conclusion that death and life are all one journey and that we never really leave. I don't believe that God has a separate "place" or "land" for heaven. Why should he when he made our world so beatiful. It is comforting to me to have those who have gone before close by.

It was VERY hot today. When I left Rhine Plymouth, the temperature was 88 on my car thermometer. I am waiting for it to drop so that I can turn on the water again. I is really nice for sitting outside and I am going to do so soon. The fountain was not flowing very well but Jim fixed it so I will enjoy the green and the water running and a good book.

Tomorrow is extremely busy. Bible Study, Writer's Club, trap league and Rhine Plymouth monthly meeting. I think I have everything ready and waiting on the "staging table".

Mother and I were remembering the conversations going around at the Shea, Bowser get together. We found them such fun and so Irish.

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-who died peacefully in his sleep. Not
screaming like all the passengers in his car." Author unknown.


Have a nice week.

Mary

No comments: