Thursday, July 14, 2005

The choir practice for German Fest was really fun. We carpooled down to the Bavarian Village in Glendale to meet all the others. There are probably close to 200 people who will be singing at that mass. The director is really good and I feel a lot more confident than I did when we got there. It is such a rush to hear all the mens voices. We are threatening to kidnap some of them to add to our ranks.

On the way home we stopped at Kopp's for ice cream. I had heath bar custard in a waffle cone. It was delicious. They must use a ton of heath bar and I loved it.

Next week we are leaving at 4:00PM and having dinner at some resturant that Beth knows of before we go to practice at 7:00.

This morning I did get the currants all cleaned, crushed and poured the boiling water over them. It is going to be the 2 Year Currant and I am getting two gallons out of it. I also baked some chocolate banana cupcakes and a currant cake. I will be freezing most of them but we will have dessert for the weekend.

Tomorrow, Dick and I are going to see the Star Wars movie. It is supposed to be my choice and I was torn between Star Wars, War of the Worlds and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Dick pushed for the Star Wars because that is one that really should be seen on the big screen.

Chelsea is quite ready for me to go to bed. She gets a little pushy about it after 10:00 and it is after 11:00. The pictures of the church quilt are on Blessed Trinity's website. The site is blessedtrinityparish.org. Just look under upcoming events, scroll down and hilite the sentence that discusses the ladies and the quilt. Both quilts are something to covet.

Love
Mary

No comments: