Sunday, June 12, 2005

Singing for the graduates this morning was really fun. We sang quite well and two of our high schoolers sang a duet for the graduates too that was really beautiful. Jim Wilsing joined us for the Celtic Mass Music and our Offeratory Hymn on the tin whistle.

Fun.

This afternoon, I went to River Park in Sheboygan Falls for a memorial for Jack Boldt, a classmate of mine who died last October of pancreatic cancer. His daughter invited family, friends and classmates to the park for a memory trip and to dedicate a bench that she and her daughter had commissioned in Jack's memory. Jack was a jock when I was in high school, a really nice looking guy with a ready smile and the willingness to be a friend to everybody. He left a legacy of fun and joy. I started kindergarten the same year as he did and we graduated together. Then I didn't see him for 40 years. We met again at the 40th high school reunion and had a nice visit. He was proudest of all of his daughter and grandaughter, Gretchen and Samantha. I can see why, Gretchen has his eyes and his smile and I am sure his joy. She obviously loves him. What a legacy. I was glad that I had that memory to share with Gretchen.

It was a beautiful day. Too beautiful actually. 82 degrees at the highest but NO rain. River Park in Sheboygan Falls is a beautiful park. Always has been. When Randy was married, we all went there for pictures along the bank of the Sheboygan River with flowing willow trees in the background. That was 20 years ago and now their youngest daughter is graduating from high school. TODAY.

I am sad. I have not heard from any of the out of state children in weeks. I guess I'll have to start calling them because I get lonely.

Love

Mary

No comments: