Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The roofer, Greg worked all day today and will be back tomorrow to hopefully finish the job. It was cloudy and rather cool today. We watered the front yard as this is supposed to be the beginning of a dry spell (as if we will notice as it has been so dry for so long already. The only thing that has saved us is the fact that it has been so muggy because rain has fallen ALL around us. My brother, Jeff in Hilbert, just west and a bit north has had plenty of rain.

I did get to stay home all day today and I finished the Claddagh Ring block for the church quilt. I think it looks nice. I will take pictures and post them on the blog next week. We are meeting next Tuesday to see what we have. I am sure we will have plenty of blocks. I made 4 and Dottie Koene made 5 and Beth, who wasn't even counted, made 1 so we have 3 extra already. We figure if there are extras we will make a table runner or pillows or a wall hangeing.
Whatever works.

Jeff, my brother, called last night to invite us to his home on June 26. His son, Matthew with his wife Kaoru and son Coleton will be visiting from Hawaii and he figured this is the best way for everybody to see them. Little Coleton, is the only son of a son of a son to carry on the Deeley name in the direct decendancy from my Dad. He is an interesting little mix of Matt and Kaoru. I look forward to see him in person.

Did I tell you that we are going on a bus tour to the Fireside to see Beauty and the Beast? I look forward to their meals almost as much as the performance and always bring back 2 or 3 loaves of their wonderful fresh baked bread. Usually, dill, cheese and maybe maple walnut. This was not one of their bigger selling shows. I heard that people are thinking of it as a children's show. But it really is not. Even Disney's cartoon is perfectly beautiful for adults as well as children.

There is a new movie, Bewitched, out. Nichole Kidman is Samantha but even more exciting Shirley Mac Laine is Endora. We are planning on going to see it next Friday.

Love

Mary

No comments: