Monday, June 13, 2005

The phone has been ringing off the hook tonight. I got a call from Joan with three names for the prayer chain, a call from one of Nora's classmates needing her address because THEY will be having their 45th reunion this year and a call back from one of the people that I had called about the census. Mother called too.

I called Bart and Barb tonight and talked to Barb. She has been working 11 hour days and Bart is having some depression problems. They are working on that and his physical health is definately improving. So hopefully that will help him cope with the emotional in time. Barb is dieting and has lost 17 lbs. She is VERY proud as well she should be. They are exercizing in the pool on base together so Bart is becoming more mobile also. Good news and not so good news.

I must get a little package ready to send to them. Jacquie, my ex sister in law, sent some jewelry that my ex bought at one time for Bart's grandmother Lily. She thought that Barb should have it. That is a nice idea.

Tomorrow, we shop then a hair cut by Maria and a neck adjustment from Dr. Casey. I need to ask him about carpel tunnel. I think my wrist is arthritis, but sometimes wonder, as working on the computer does aggravate it. A writer/chiropractor spoke at Writer's Club today and gave us some hints on how to avoid neck and spinal problems. He was interesting enough that members kept him a bit longer than we had intended with questions.

It was hot and muggy again. We had about 1/2 inch of rain, I guess. This is not going to help much at all. I must begin watering again tomorrow. The pots and the soakers and the new grass at least.

Have a nice Tuesday.


It's a kind of arrogance to think that you are beyond redemption.





The above is a quote from one of the Cadfael books by Ellis Peters. I really liked it.

Mary

No comments: