Sunday, June 05, 2005

Lovely day today. The temperatures were in the low 80s. We are supposed to be getting thunderstorms this evening, but so far only a bit of wind and it is VERY muggy. Dick turned on the air conditioner for the first time today.

The choir sang at the 10:30 mass. It was the beginnng of a special farewell mass and luncheon for Sr. Marcia, who will be leaving Blessed Trinity at the end of the month. Beth, our choir director had picked Sr. Marcia'a favorits and we sang On that Holy Mountain with the Kinder Core. The Kinder Core is really good and we do enjoy partering with them. They sang another song called Our Redeemer Lives and we joined them for the refrain in parts and on the last verse which both choirs sang in parts and a capella. We rocked.

The lunch was pleasant, ham, cheese, rolls, Veggies and dip, chips and cake. Several people spoke and Sr. Marcia did too. Bob Weber spoke for the council and then followed with some comments from himself. I think his own opinion was a bit over the top. He compared her leaving to Hiroshima. Well, I had better keep my opinions to myself. But I figure that you won't tell.

Jim and I went out shooting this afternoon. I rocked there too. I got a 19 on my trap shoot and did very well with the pistol. The trap vest is helping now that I used it twice and am getting used to it. I am not flinching as I wait for the recoil and the pain. Without it I am pressing the gun stock right to bone and was ending up bruised and sore.

Tonight, We are going to watch the Tony Awards. I am excited to see how Smam a Lot does. I would really like to see that. We had better win the lottery, so I can go again.

Love

Mary

No comments: