Wednesday, June 08, 2005

It was a wonderful day. I got to stay home ALL day. So I caught up on all the paperwork that had been piling up on my desk. I sent out about 10 mailings. Some for us and some for Rhine Plymouth. And I even got some quilting done. I have pinned the majority of the Claddagh Ring for stitching.

This evening Bobbie and I went to the quilt guild meeting. Usually they last until after 9:00PM but we were home by 8:30PM this month. We were sure relieved. I brought the three blocks that I have completed for the group quilt that we are making at Blessed Trinity and the spiderweb that I posted the picture of yesterday. People seemed to really like the spiderweb. As you can see, it is quite whimsical. Things are all in the works for the annual quilt show. Unfortunately, Dick and I will be just returning from out Washington DC trip the day of the show. I will ask one of my friends to take and pick up my entries and am going to sell the raffle tickets and make a challenge block. That will have to be my contribution this year.

I had prepared a small batch of "old rags", Cuban shredded beef a couple weeks ago and froze it. We had that with rice and peas for supper.

Tomorrow we shop and there is choir in the evening.

Ellis Peters said in the Cadfael Book The Potter's Field "To overcome the lures of evil is all that can be required of mortals." Seems logical to me. Sometimes that is impossible. I also received from a friend of mine, a quote that seems to refute the above. "Some mistakes are too much fun to make just once." Puzzle that out for a bit.


Mary

No comments: