Saturday, June 25, 2005

I don't think the temperatures topped 76 today, which was fine with me. I am watering tonight even if we are supposed to be getting rain. The weather bureau has been promising rain for so long that we just plain don't believe them anymore.

Dick and I bottled 25 bottles of White Zinfindal today. It has a lovely color and the bit that was left over sure tastes good.

Tomorrow we will be picking up Mother at 11:30AM and going out to Hilbert to see my brother Jeff's son Matthew and his wife Kaoru and their son Matt who is about 9 months old now. Everyone who lives in Wisconsin who can will be there to see them. They live in Hawaii now, where Matt teaches grade school. His school is a year round, so they will be only here a week or so as his vacations are quite short.

I made an apple cheesecake to take along. It is VERY heavy. You mix apple pie mix into the cheesecake before you bake it and top it with a struesel topping. I am hoping it is as good as it seems to be.

I also made some guacamole today which is EXCELLENT. It has been a long time since I had any of that.

I am really tired tonight. I have to stay up until at least 9:00 though so that Chelsea can get out for her walk. I also want to turn the water off then.

Did I tell you that Barbara called last night? Bart is having a lot of trouble sleeping and is not at all with it in the mornings. She is trying to get a doctor in Oklahoma City to look at him and listen to him. His doctor in Lawton doesn't even know what he has prescribed for Bart.


Have a nice Sunday.

Mary

No comments: