Tuesday, June 21, 2005

It was warm today, up in the middle 80s. We waited until after 4:00 then started both sprinklers. The rotating one is acting up. We have such hard water that they keep getting jammed with minerals. What we need is a big vat of vinegar to soak it in and then have two - one soaking, one working.

This afternoon, Dick and I met with Mary Schroeder, my friend and investment counseler, and her replacement, Tom Schmidtke, to review my retirement portfolio. They had some suggestions that I have to study. Mary is retiring, at least temporarily. I will miss her as my consultant, but will see her often, as she is a part of the group of Wells Fargo ladies that meet on Friday's for lunch.

Tonight, eight quilting ladies met with our squares for the Quilt that we are putting together for a raffle at Celtic Faire. I believe I told you about that. 9 ladies have made 39 squares that are all unique and just wonderful. We are making a queen size quilt and have enough squares left that if Mary Bainbridge makes her three will become a lap quilt for a second prize in the raffle. This was a good idea, I hope it turns out to be profitable.

I made a pasta salad today. Anything with pasta is well received in this house. It is a great one that I found on Richard Simmons' recipe cards. You mix 2 cups of elbow macaroni with four or five cups of chopped veggies (carrots, celery, green onions, cucumber, peppers, zuchinni) whatever you have, add some shredded cheese and/or sliced ham or pepperoni and stir in a couple of tablespoons of light mayonese, salt and pepper to taste. Chill and serve.

A nice quiet day tomorrow.

Happy Day.

Mary

No comments: