Sunday, June 19, 2005

Here it is Sunday night at 8:00PM already. This has been a rather eventful day. As I said, the Bell Choir (by the way we are called the Trinity Tones. Not my choice but that is the name that was chosen,) played at Mass this morning. our first piece was great. The second, was moderately ok. We fell apart on the third (I think we fooled the congregation by plunging on through) and the last one was OK again. I received complements from two of our audience and will bask in that.

This afternoon, Jim, Bobbie and I went shooting. I did pretty good on the pistol range but was disappointed with the trap shooting. I have done some adjustments on my shooting vest which I hope will help when I shoot league tomorrow.

It was Father's Day and all the kids contacted Dick. Leslie called tonight and we had a nice phone visit. He has been busy lately, scraping and painting the inside of the garage door.

It was an absolutely perfect day today. The temperatures were in the mid 70s. It was sunny. Everything is green and beautiful. Wisconsin is really the prettiest state in the union. I have always said that, no matter where I lived.

Bart is having a bit of a problem with his med adjustments. We can use prayers that things can be resolved and will get better soon. He has not been sleeping for one thing.

I have the get together for Fr. Mike Shea all arranged now for July 5th at 11:00AM. That should be fun. I am going to fix "Old Rags" for lunch. I can make it the day ahead of time and just put it in the slow cooker for serving and to keep it warm. It is really good on hard rolls. A salad and nice dessert should round it off.

I was reading a sentence in a book called Celtic Christianity by Timothy Joyce. He said "Of course, there can always be a cast of too much spirits in a pub, but you can also have too much religion in a church!" It reminded me of the parish priest in Ireland at the church where Fr. Mike Moran said Mass. Fr.Mike asked him why there was not more music in the service and the priest said that they did most of their "singin' in the pubs."

Roxie just joined me for a bit of cuddling, so I will sign off now. Have a nice week.

Love

Mary

No comments: