Thursday, April 21, 2005

What a day. Dick and I went out for our usual breakfast before grocery shopping. Then I did a bit of cleaning (bathrooms) and fixed lunch. Dick and I watched West Side Story - the movie that we have here from NetFlix - a movie rental that was a Christmas Gift from Bart and Barb.

Then - tonight. I took my soup and other stuff to the church rectory. There Beth and I finalized preparations for dinner for the six performers of Lyra, a vocal ensemble from St. Petersburg Russia. When I said I had soup, they just lit up. Apparantly they have soup at home almost every day and really miss it when they travel. This is my Slim Veggie Soup, which I know I have shared with you. I added some good old Sheboygan Brats to give it a local flair and we served it with crusty breads and salads.

The concert was WONDERFUL. These are professional musicians part of a choir of 30 members that perform in St Petersburg. They send small groups out to perform and we lucked out. There was a decent crowd and they loved the music and the singers. The whole performance was a-capella. Sergei, the tenor and leader, told us that all the music in Russian Orthodox Church is done a-capella. He also told us that some of their vesper services can last up to five hours and that they have a great devotion to the Blessed Mother.

Have a nice Friday. I intend to spend a quiet one.

Love

Mary

No comments: