Saturday, April 23, 2005

Well, I obviously took a day off yesterday. After the busy Lyra day I decided to "gel" as they say.

I did clean the kitchen floor and made CHILI. As I write this it is reheating for our supper. Always make chili ahead and let it cool and reheat before eating it. (My sage wisdom for the day.) You probably know this. It makes the flavors ripen and mature. I used the last of the ground venison and I have found a source of chorizo so it will be goooooooood. Come on over if you want some. I have a BIG pot.

This morning, I met Joyce Hackel and Joan Schueffner to decorate the church basement for the big Thank You dinner for the volunteers at Blessed Trinity. We have 168 people signed up and have planned for 175 so we are close. I believe that with the side dishes we have we will still have lots of food left over. We have a source for that too. We freeze the ham anyway and give it to the school for lunches. Tomorrow will really be busy. Joan and I are picking up the rest of the food at 2:30PM to get it to the church, set up and heating for the 5:30 arrival of the volunteers. The social is from 5:30 to 6, then dinner then dessert then home or visiting - whatever they want. We hope this becomes a time of community and meeting each other. All of these people are the doers of our church.

One gentleman called me and said that he thought that he had gotten his invitation in error. He said he wasn't a lay minister. I asked him what he did for Blessed Trinity and he said he mows the lawns sometimes. I told him that he is a lay minister and he and I were quite excited about it. He found out that ministering to others takes on many faces.

Have a good day and thank those that minister to you.

Mary

No comments: