Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Things are ready for tomorrow night. Lyra, the Russian Group, is appearing at Blessed Trinity as I have mentioned.

We are feeding them supper. I made a sausage, vegetable soup, Beth is making a spinach strawberry salad. We are also providing a nice crusty bread and cheese and crackers.

Then after the concert, we are having bars - made by our choir members - juice and coffee for a social.

One of our parishioners, nicely volunteered to make them breakfast. She is making croissants, an egg dish, sausage and fruit. I wish she would come and cook for me.

Tonight was the third of the five Basic Pistol Classes. We got to shoot for the first time in class. I shot both a semi automatic and a revolver. We also learned the proper way to clean a gun. I need to replace my cleaning rod. Mine was a real cheap kit and I should be using one with a coated rod rather than aluminum.

It has chilled down today after our beautiful 70s yesterday. It rained pretty good last night and some areas even had thunder and lightening. Not enough but some of the trees are popping their leaves. More rain is promised for tomorrow and/or Friday. My tulips are also starting to flower.

I received two copies of a small publication called IRISH STEW that is published in Mehasha. They accepted one of my poems called CRAZY CATS. I will copy and paste it here for you.

Cats kalumpfing down the stairs
In reckless abandon.
Tumbling head over tail in Joy
Of just plain being alive.

In reckless abandon
The house shudders
Tumbling head over tail in Joy
We laugh at their sheer freedom.

The house shudders
If only we could have such fun
We laugh at the sheer freedom
They tear around like dervishes

If only we could have such fun
Tumbling head over tail in Joy
They tear around like dervishes
Cats kalumpfing down the stairs
.

Hope you like.

Mary

No comments: