Sunday, April 10, 2005

The day was beautiful again. Chelsea and I saw some daffodils blooming down the street and Mother has a few opening too.

Jim and Bobbie and I went shooting today. I am not doing as well as the first week. I think the sites have been bumped a bit as I have to aim right or be really left and low. I is hard to adjust. Jim is going to help me adjust them next Sunday.

We had my famous Lasagna Soup for supper tonight. My lasagna is usually spoonable, not easily served in wedges, the first day we eat it - thus Lasagna Soup. The last few times it was pretty well set up and I think Dick and Jim were getting used to it. However, today we were back to the good old soupy stuff. It tastes great and will be nice and firm the next time I serve it. I has also made a rhubarb-blueberry pie which I now know is very tasty.

The Mass this morning was for Pope John Paul II and Fr. Gene told several stories of previous papal elections, including one who was only eighteen and reported to be the illegitimate son of the pope previous to him. Fortunately, he died just a few years later of a stroke, apparantly in the bed of a prostitued. As Fr. Gene said, not all the popes were holy or honorable. Pope John Paul II was that - honorable and holy. I may not have agreed with all that he did, but I never doubted his love for God and mankind.

If we get rain this week, I think I will see my herbs and the second peony come to life.

Love

Mary

No comments: