Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Yesterday, I forgot.

I was busy most of the day. In the morning I went to church for bible study. We had a lively discussion. Tom and Kathy Keyes are back and it adds to the group to have them there. The discussion was on the Resurection. Without the Resurection, what good would Jesus' death have been. The Resurrection gives hopt to us all and a promise.

The afternoon was occupied by Writer's Club. We had a speaker this time. Rachel Pennington, who wrote, The Christmas Tree Ship , came to speak to us. She had also worked for Mark Victor Hanson and Jack Canfield, who do Chicken Soup for the Soul books. I heard Mark Victor Hanson speak several times in my "previous life". He spoke for Amway and for Realtors. He is a dynamic man, very good looking and very Christian. He is a hugger so we got along well. He would not remember me but I remember him as a really inspiration speaker and a warm individual. I remember a quote of his that really impressed me. He said, "God did not make the diamonds of this world for the devil's children." The context of the saying is that God made a beautiful world and that he does expect his children to realize the beauty and wonder of it.

love

Mary

No comments: