Thursday, April 14, 2005

I fixed Hamburger Helper for supper tonight. I had a box down there that HAD to be used as I don't even KNOW how old it was. I decided not to check the expiration date. It was quite good as they usually are. I used ground turkey instead of beef. I also found a recipe for a really great pea salad in the Taste of home. It is quite simple.

Mix together:

1 lb thawed peas
1 8 oz can drained sliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper
1/3 cup chopped red onion

In another bowl combine:

Mix 1/2 cup mayonese
1/2 teasp garlic sauce
1 teasp. dill weed

Stir together. Let sit for a bit to meld the flavors and serve. Really crunchy and good.

Tomorrow, Joan Schueffner and I will be finalizing the plans for the Thank You Dinner at Church. We have over 100 people coming, closer to 150 so far so I believe that it will be very successful.

Had choir and bell practice tonight. I really enjoy the bells and will like them even more when I feel more secure and sure of myself. One of them has Aunt Helen's name on it so I feel a special closeness to her. I still miss her. She was REALLY my best friend. I am sure she watches over me.


Love

Mary

No comments: