Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter! It was a blessed day. Mass was quite nice- we had a baptism of a little baby boy which is always a pleasure and a sign of new life.

Then I had to work at Rhine which was kind of silly but there were 11 groups that shot a round of trap so some people must NOT have anything better to do. I did shoot my first rounds for the new pistol league and did pretty well.

Bobbie and Bill joined us for a turkey dinner tonight. It was good. A nice time to fix turkey before it gets too warm. The smallest one I could find was 14 lbs so we will be eating turkey for a while.

Fr. Gene told a story of a little girl who thanked her priest for telling her that her dress was pretty, told the priest that she thought so too but that her mother said that it was "hell to iron."

It reminded me of my cousin Linda Hoyum's daughter, Kim. One Christmas, Kim, then three, was taking a nap. While she was sleeping Linda put up the tree and decorated it so it would be a nice surprise for Kim when she woke up. She got done in time and waited to watch Kim's face when she saw the beautiful display that
had been created. Imagine her surprise when Kim came out of the bedroom, stared in wonder at the tree, put her hands on her little hips and exclaimed, "Well, I'll be a son of a bitch."

Have a nice week.

Mary

No comments: