Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Today was FUN. I met Joan Schueffner in Plymouth, and we went shopping at the Sewing Basket for fabric for the quilt that members of Blessed Trinity are going to put together for a raffle at Celtic Faire.

We had such fun picking out the base fabric, the backing and some of the fabrics that we will add ourselves for our blocks. The base fabrics are really beautiful. We have 8 other very enthusiastic quilters and are planning on approaching two more so there will be a dozen of us to make 30 squares. I have decided to do three Celtic Knots. I am looking for some kind of different patterns, though for sure, I will do the Claddagh that Eileen and I picked up several years ago.

We are going to give each of the quilters a fat quarter of the base and they can make ANY 12 inch block they want, (preferably with a Celtic flair) as long as there is some of the base fabric in the block.

Tomorrow, I will be home all day and all evening. I am going to quilt and write and rest. It will be SOOOOOOOOOO nice.

Jeff and Kathy sent me several good Irish jokes. Here is one of them.

Irish Last Request
Mary Clancy goes up to Father O'Grady's after his Sunday morning service, and she's in tears.
He says, "So what's bothering you, Mary my dear?"
She says, "Oh, Father, I've got terrible news. My husband passed away last night."
The priest says, "Oh, Mary, that's terrible. Tell me, did he have any last requests?"
She says, "That he did, Father..."
The priest says, "What did he ask, Mary?"
She says, "He said, 'Please Mary, put down that damn gun!'


What a glorious day we had today. It was 57 degrees when I was out in Plymouth this afternoon. I understand that rain is on the way. Then the worms will come out of the ground and cover the street. It is really icky to walk but the robins REALLY like it and get very fat.

Mary

No comments: