Thursday, December 16, 2004

It was a Christmassy day. Not at first, Dick got his blood checked early and then we went out for breakfast. While we were at the clinic, we found out that they have more flu vaccine and that people over 50 now are eligible. Sue, the nurse that tests Dick's blood, was able to give me my shot so I am now immunized. This makes Dick feel better anyway, because he likes to know that I am protected.

Then I picked up Mother and we sent to dinner at the Senior Center in Sheboygan Falls. It was fun, we exchanged gifts and I got two really pretty Christmas hot pads as my gift. We had a tasty lunch of a 1/2 Cornish game hen with pumpkin pie for dessert. Then I took Mother to the eye doctor where she got a clean bill of health. He said that her vision seems to have even improved a bit. Perhaps the Vita Eyes she takes is helping.

Tonight we had choir practice. Took a bit longer because of Christmas and then I stayed for the bells and even played a bit. Always wanted to try them and it is really fun. - -- Fun but a bit confusing.

I received the following by e-mail this week and at Christmas time want to ask everybody to please pray for our sons and daughters in danger over there. Pray for safety and a quick resolve to the conflict.

Let's remember them especially this time of the year when we count our blessings.
Let's all pray for their safe return.................



The picture is beautiful

Love

Mary

No comments: