Friday, December 17, 2004

Had a perfectly lovely Christmas lunch at the home of Marlene Schueffner, one of my "Plymouth" people. We are a group of about 7 ladies who all worked at Wells Fargo and meet every Friday for lunch, usually at the Dairy Queen.

Marlene wanted us to come over to her house for lunch. There were 6 of us. Betty, Ceil, Barb, Joyce, myself and of course, Marlene. Mary and Dawn were unable to come. We will not meet until after the New Year turns now. Wow. Only two more weeks of 2004.

After I left there, I went to Mother's house. Jeff brought the new washer/dryer combination, that we bought for her for Christmas. It is really sharp looking. Now the boys have to get it installed. She will no longer have to go down into the basement to do her wash. This will be a great relief to all of us as we worry about her falling. I think she does too and is really pleased with her gift. We were getting a delight out of her neighbor. He asked Mother when she brough him a stollen that she baked to thank him for all he does for her, whether she had an upstairs washer yet. She assured him that it was coming and he said Good. It is so special to have neighbors that are so good to her AND so concerned.

While I was there, I saw a quotation on her refrigerator that I really like and will share with you. She said that she heard it on TV from an Irish group in a song. She can't remember the group so I cannot give credit.

God be good to anyone
who's sleeping out tonight.
Tuck them in and keep them warm
And don't put out the light.

Especially this time of the year, God needs to be there for all the homeless in our country. It is mighty cold out there and I am sure that Guardian Angels are mighty busy.


Mary

No comments: