Thursday, November 04, 2004

Mother came for supper tonight. I fixed a venison roast, baked beans and a Caesar Salad along with a peanut butter and jelly cheesecake. All turned out very well. It is always a pleasure to have Mother as a guest.

This is Dick's favorite way for me to fix venison. I rub the roast with a marinade, sprinkle with more spices and then roast at 325 Degrees for at least 45 minutes per pound. The meat is always tender and tastes heavenly.

This was the last of the venison from last year. Good thing Deer hunting season is the weekend before Thanksgiving. My brother Jeff called. Some friends of his got one in a Tzone hunt and gave it to him. He took it to a butcher and is willing to share so I will buy l/3 of it. My freezer is pretty full but I can use a portion of Mother's I am sure. With the frozen veggies, Market Day and some supermarket sales we are packed.

Choir practice went very well tonight. We were in great form. I need to practice the music for Sunday at St. John the Evangelist Cathedral at least once more. Roxie, the cat, finds it quite interesting when I sing and accompany myself on the keyboard. At least she doesn't fuss at me. When I whistle, she fusses at me until I stop. It is really quite funny. My whistle must hurt her ears.

Have a good Friday.

Mary






No comments: