Sunday, November 28, 2004

It is the beginning of the season of dreams again. The first Sunday of Advent. I watched a new version of The Christmas Carol - this one starred Kelsey Grammer as Scrooge. It was OK but not a great big hit as far as I am concerned. Not like the year that George C. Scott came out with his version.

Well, it was a beginning anyway. This week we should be done getting the presents so I can get them wrapped and send packages next week. I like to be sure they are there on time. We have three families away this year, now that Bart and Barb are back in Oklahoma.

I wish that I had wings to fly so that I could be with each one for part of the holidays. It is so hard to be apart at these special times, somehow more so than at the rest of the year.

I took a lot of pictures of the deer butchering. Hope some of them turn out. I have one deer hide towards a coat. It will have to be tanned of course, Randy is going to be sure that we get them (mine and his) there. Either we will go together or he will give directions and I will take them. It is supposed to contain a store with leather and deer skin coats and an art gallery. Dick would enjoy it too. It is in Hartford.

November. The second last month of the year. Thanksgiving and hunting and usually the first snow. Jim said there was a bit last night but none stayed on the ground and I didn't see it. As a matter of fact, it was quite nice and was dry when Chelsea and I walked at 6:00AM. It is dark when we are walking unless she sleeps in. It is dark by 4:30 or so. The shortest day of the year is almost four weeks off so it will only get darker.

Let these days of short light make us more appreciative of the bright sun and warmth of summer.

Love

Mary






No comments: