Saturday, October 30, 2004

The munchkins and gnomes will be swarming over the neighborhood soon. Trick or treat hours are from 4 to 7 and it is now 3:10PM. It should be fairly warm and the rain has mostly passed us by so I expect quite a crowd. Hope we have enough. I have five or six bags plus a bag of graham cracker thingies that I can draw on if we run low.

Wonder if we will have any UNICEF collectors this year. It has been a while but I heard some advertizing about it on the news.

Only four more days til the election. I wonder how long it will take for the results to be known. There are already questions about the absentee ballots and about the ballots that have been sent to some areas that are incorrect. My Cadfael Book of Days had a great quote the other day.

God fixes the term, not men, not kings, not judges. A man must be prepared to face life, as well as death, there is no escape from either.

Ellis Peters

We must just face life and vote our conscience as best we can. Trying to sort through the issues and do what is truely for the common good.

I wish you insight.

Mary

No comments: