Tuesday, October 26, 2004













































usier day than I planned. We went shopping this morning, then bottled the Rhubarb Wine. It needs aging but does have a pleasant taste as is.

Then I started the Marigold Wine in the primary. I needed to clear the marigold petals out of the freezer because I needed the space. I am making two gallons of the Marigold this year because it was so good last year.

Then I made the mistake of starting to clean out the cupboard next to the dishwasher. It mushroomed and I ended up cleaning it AND the spice cabinet. Now I am tired.

I am going down to sew anyway because that is my fun for the day. I found a great pattern for a Halloween wall hanging to make for next year. It is a spider web with orange and green bugs on it. Sounds like fun doesn't it?

I have a lot of overripe bananas. I will have to make a banana cake this weekend.

Here is the recipe that is the best and the easiest that I have ever found.

Banana Cake

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup sour milk (you can sour it with lemon juice or vinegar as most people don't keep sour milk around.)
1 teasp. baking soda
1 teasp. vanilla
1/4 teasp salt
1 1/2 cups flour

Cream first seven ingredients. Add salt and flour. grease 9 X 13 cake pan. Bake at 350 Degrees for 30 minutes.

Frost with cream cheese or chocolate frosting. Your choice.

Have a great Wednesday.

Love.

Mary



No comments: