Monday, October 18, 2004

Another busy day with bible study and a choir practice for the Archdiocesan Choral Fesitval, which will be at the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelistl in Milwaukee on November 7. There weren't many people at our rehearsal, but there are supposed to be 200 strong at the Cathedral the day of the performance. The music is rather complicated but very beautiful. I will do some practicing between now and then so I am ready. We will have a two hour rehearsal the day of the event so will be really "used."

I am almost done with the batik stocking for the Festival of Trees. I need to put the base on the candle holder, assemble and put on the cuff.

We, Blessed Trinity choir members, brought bars for after the rehearsal. I brought Cranberry Bars and they were really good. This was the first time I had tried them. I recommend.

2 cups flour
8 tbsp. powdered sugar
3/4 cup oleo or butter

Mix well; pat into 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees

Beat 3 eggs with 2 cups suger. Add 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1 14 tep. baking powder and 1 tsp. vanilla. Fold in 3 1/2 cups sliced fresh cranberries. Pour this on top of the baked crust and bake 30 to 35 minutes longer.


Enjoy.

Mary

No comments: