Wednesday, August 18, 2004

It is time for making scratch wines again. The marigolds are blooming and I picked my first quart today. I will pick another quart tomorrow then will have enough to prepare two gallons of my quite popular marigold wine - known as Mary's Gold.

The chokecherries are also ripe. I will pick them on Saturday and get that batch started too. That is not as popular but Dick's son Dick does like it and I will try a couple different things this time to jazz it up.

It was in the high 60's most of the morning then shot up to 79 degrees about 2:00PM. So I closed everything up and let the air conditioning do its thing. Then it started raining this evening. However, it is supposed to be clear and pleasant from now until Monday. Good thing because I am going to Irishfest on Friday evening. I will arrive in time to go in at the opening at 4:00 and stay until Tommy Makem is done singing then head for home. I will have time to see friends and eat and check out the cultural center. All I want. I think I will buy a couple of tshirts if my artist friends have them this year. I am excited anyway.

A quote from Anam Cara for your consideration:

"One of the reasons so many people are suffering from stress is not that they are doing stressful things but that they allow so little time for silence."

We do live in a noisy world. I realized how noisy our house is one day when the power went out. Silence CAN be deafening.

Have a "silent" day.

Mary

No comments: