Thursday, July 01, 2004

Mother and I went to pick up her new eyeglasses today. Boy do they look nice. She has them JUST in time for Saturday, which is the day we will be celebrating my Aunt Kathleen's 80th birthday. I hope everybody notices the change. They are pretty obvious with no frames around the glass and just a touch of color on the side provided by very delicate bows.

Aunt Kathleen was actually 80 in January but she and Uncle Bob were "south" for the winter so her children are having this surprise party on Saturday. Uncle Pat and Aunt Joan will pick Mother up for the dinner. Aunt Kathleen has seven children with spouses and grandchildren. Later there is a reception to which EVERYBODY is invited. It will be good to see all the cousins again. We do get along. They are part of what I consider Comfort People. We may not see each other often but we are part of each other's roots and core and history and time does not separate but just waits for us to be together again.

Mom and I picked up a few plants at a nursery on the way. She is so disappointed in her garden. It does look rather pitiful. We purchased more petunia, marigolds, salvias and some herbs to fill in her herb garden. Hopefully the weather will continue warm and things will begin to grow and produce.

I stopped at church after I dropped her off and lit another two candles at the St. Joseph Statue. I want him to keep interceding for a quick sale of Bart and Barb's house in De Pere. They are close to closing on one in Oklahoma. They were going to rent but are finding that it is JUST as cheap to buy. Prayers for a quick resolution of that too. Please.

Well, I believe I will go down to the den and continue quilting my Flying Geese quilt. I have a goal. I want all the geese quilted before we go to Canada.

Have a nice evening.

Mary

No comments: