Sunday, June 27, 2004

In three weeks we will leave for our vacation to the northern shores of Lake Superior. We will be spending most of the time in Canada, of course. It will be fun to take advantage of having our passports again. I have only used mine for Ireland and Canada. Dick only for Canada. It does make one feel rather cosmopolitan to have one and to actually USE it. We are going to be staying in such places as Thunder Bay and WaWA and Sault Ste. Marie. How fun.

We are about 1/3 done sealing the deck. We couldn't do anything today because there was rain predicted. We are happy to report that is is indeed raining tonight. Otherwise, we sould have wasted a whole day. I just want to get it done with. I only have two more bushes to trim, however, and the yard is looking pretty good. With all the rain, things are growing like crazy.

My brother George and his wife Betsy will be visiting from Houston. We think they will arrive on Friday as there is an event on Saturday that I will tell you about at a later date. George and Betsy were childhood sweethearts in the same grade in school. They dated through most of their high school years and married when they were just a couple of years out of school I know that when they were dating, I used to have an awful time getting through on the phone because they would talk for hours on end and there was no Call Waiting then. "George and Betsy sitting in a tree. K - I - S - S- I - N- G." One true love story. It is always good to see them. I am grateful for easier transportation and ability to travel as our children are now all on their own and we have more free time. This will also be a high school anniversary year for them. So they will be busy while they are here.

Have a nice Monday.

Love

Mary

No comments: