Monday, June 28, 2004

I talked today to another reader of my "Blog". It makes me want it to be more interesting. I do try.

Pretty exciting news today. The govenment in Iraq has been turned over to the Interim Iraqui rulers. Early. Probably a very wise move as a public ceremony well publicized, would have been an invitation to the terrorists. The terrorists have no compassion and seem to see no further than their own self centered agendas. I cannot conceive of a society that will decapitate innocent bystanders in their country who seem to be a part of the peacekeepers and a part of the rebuilders of the country.

The Psalms we are studying in the Monday morning bible study speak of persecution and evil and fear. It is quite interesting to read these words from so many many centuries ago and find that they are still pertinent today. Sometimes they make me feel sad and afraid. But they speak of God's love and his protection too. Psalm 35 verse 6 says " Let their way be dark and slippery, with the angel of the Lord pursuing them."

I shared a cartoon from Newsweek with the group. It was from the Dayton Daily News by a Peters.

The cartoon shows a church, empty except for one woman. In the pulpit is s a Bishop with a priest standing beside him. The Priest says to the Bishop. "Well, First you banned pro-choice politicians, then pro-choice voters, then stem cell advoctes, then gays, then gay marriage judges, then..." This is excactly how I feel about the bishops demanding that the eucharist be denyed to certain people, such as gay advocates or politicians that have voted for certain bills. The bishops are then telling us that we should not vote or run for office and that we, not God are to be the judges.

Tomorrow, I will tell a story or give you a recipe.

Love

Mary

P. S. I need to find out where the sites are that I need to put pictures on my site. With my new computer. I have lost them. I do have my puppy back.

No comments: