Monday, July 19, 2004

Congratulate me!!! I shot league at the Sheboygan Falls Conservation Club with Rosalie tonight. I had not shot for two weeks, of course, since we were on vacation last Monday. Rosalie and I shot twice because we needed to catch up. My first round was not good. I shot a 10 and was a bit discouraged.

BUT we shot the catch up round. I started in figuring that I couldn't do any worse and by gumbo - I got an 18. This is my all time high. I got ONE other 18 last summer out at the club across from my brother Jeff's house. (I was really glad of that, as I was so afraid that I was really going to look dumb in front of my brothers.) Anyway, I am all excited now.

Bible study resumed today. There were six of us there so most people are back after our two week hiatus. We really got into a discussion of the child abuse by the clergy. It was fresh on our mind because last week the Milwaukee Archdiocese published a list of all the priests, past and present, that had been accused and were proved to have abused children. We were doubly upset because it seems that St. Mary (now Blessed Trinity) has had its share serving us. Three on the list were assigned here over the years. We feel that the parishioners have to be willing to face the fact. There seems to be a lot of denial going around. We need to be alert and not be blind to the fact that priests are people too. When they do wrong, they need to face the consequences, legal and otherwise. And being a priest should not arouse any more or any less suspicion than any other person. I liked Psalm 37, verses 7 through 9.

7. Leave it to the Lord,
and wait for him;
Be not vexed at the successful path of the man who does malicious deeds.
8. Give up your anger, and forsake wrath;
be not vexed, it will only harm you.
9. For evildoers shall be cut off,
but those who wait for the Lord shall possess the land.

I am starting to get tired now. It has been a busy day. We had temperatures of 84 or more today but the rain they threatened us with did not come. I am just as happy that we are not getting 90s and 100s like Bret, Bart and Leslie. I noticed a few blossoms on my tomato plants on the deck. Yippee. Of course every year, I get a couple but my crops are usually pretty pitiful. Maybe, this is my year.

Tomorrow

Mary

No comments: