Sunday, May 16, 2004

Tomorrow I will be taking Mother to a funeral at St. Michael's Church out in the Kettles. This is a lady that Mother taught with for several years before she and Dad got married. As a matter of fact, Frances Butler Trimberger was a bridesmaid at my parent's wedding. One summer, they took a train to California to deliver a couple of children to their parents who had moved out ahead of them. The ladies had quite a trip. They delivered the children in San Francisco, I believe, then traveled to Santa Ana California and spent some time with my Great Aunt Genevieve, better known as Aunt Gee, and her husband Andy. Then they came back home again. Over the years they remained friends but dear Frances developed Alceimers disease a few years ago and has been in a nursing home for the past two years since her husband died.

I know that the last time Mother talked to her, she didn't think Frances really knew who she was. She was very sweet and happy and pleasant but never asked about any of us or talked about her own children. I always thought she was a rather plain woman in the pictures of the wedding and when we met her over the years. But - she was a beautiful old woman. She had the prettiest snowy white hair and a rosy smooth complexion. May she rest in peace.

It is so hard for Mother, I know. So many of her friends are leaving.

I shot a round of trap again today and moved my score up to a 15. I need to get a bead put on the gun this week as Rosalie and I will start league in a week.

Have a good week.

Mary

No comments: