Monday, May 17, 2004

I went to Sheboygan Falls Gun Club today and signed up for spring league, which starts next Monday, with Rosalie. Who has been kind enough to be may partner for two years. We shot a practice round and I got a 14. Not bad. I know some of what I am doing wrong too so hopefully can maintain and improve. I do enjoy it.

The funeral was well attended for a woman who died at age 95. It was held at St. Michael's out in Town Michell. Mother was baptized in that church. It is no longer an active parish but is being kept as a chapel because somebody donated a very large sum of money to ensure the maintenance of the buildings and grounds. I hope this continues because there is a lot of family history in that church and the cemetery. There is a tombstone that marks the spot of three of my great great grandparent's children who all died within 6 months of each other. One an infant girl and two sons who died of diphtheria. My great grandfather was just a boy but had to help his father bury the children because the neighbors were afraid to come near the family because of fear of infection. They would leave food at the front gate and call for news across the yard. Such sorrow. I cannot imagine how it would be to lose three children all at once. Times were hard in those times.

Have a good day.

Mary

No comments: