Tuesday, May 18, 2004

It was a bit chilly today, but the sun came out for a little bit. We are expecting rain for the next five days but at least the temperatures are staying up a bit.

I will be going up to De Pere on Thursday to see Barbara's church's production of Women at the Well. Barbara will be one of the narrators. (I will also help them get set up for the garage sale they are having on Friday and Saturday.) I am really looking forward to the play.

Here is a little poem I wrote recently that I thought you might enjoy.

THE RAGDOLL

A half finished rag doll in the hamper.
Erin made the doll with Grandma’s help.
Then one night Erin went to sleep
And never came back to finish the doll.

Erin made the doll with Grandma’s help.
Others came to play with Grandma
And never came back to finish the doll.
They got wisdom and joy from Grandma.

Others came to play with Grandma
One day young, the next all grown.
They got wisdom and joy from Grandma.
The wisdom is stamped on their souls.

One day young, the next all grown.
Then one night Erin went to sleep
The wisdom is stamped on their souls.
A half finished rag doll in the hamper

Say a prayer for that Grandma, my Mother, who will be having cataract surgery in the morning. Just routine, I know, but it is MY MOM who is having it. Pray for an easy time for her and a sucessful procedure.

P. S. My Uncle Bob Finger is having the SAME surgery a bit later tomorrow. Prayers for him too.

Love

Mary


No comments: