Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I spent the day with Mother as she had the cataract surgery this morning shortly after 8:00AM. We were home by 11:30AM. They had not told us that someone should stay with her for 24 hours so I stayed until Donna and Randy could come over after 5:30 when the girls,Erin and Jessie, were fed and Randy was back from work and a game of golf. Randy can spend the night and Jeff is coming fairly early in the morning and will take her for her checkup. I was sure glad I did not plan anything else as Mom was very tired and woke up from a nap with a very teary, blurry eye. It would not have been good for her to be alone.

You will not hear from me until Friday. I will be traveling a bit and not able to post.

Uncle Bob had his surgery just before Mother's and left shortly after she came back to her room. Aunt Kathleen, Mother and I were talking about Grandma Bowser and what a hard time she had when she had to leave her home. She told Aunt Kathleen that she had hoped so that she would never have to leave it.

During her first several years of marriage, they must have lived in 8 or more different homes. Moving that many times, in that era, with all those little children must have been so hard and she just wanted a home.

Getting old is not for the weak.


Remember - don't spend your time preparing for life. LIVE IT!

Mary

No comments: