Sunday, May 02, 2004

Shot two rounds of trap at Rhine this afternoon. I AM improving with my new gun. It was suggested, and I followed the suggestion, that I purchase and install a Morgan pad, which is contoured and adjustable. My score went from three to nine on the first round and then to thirteen on the second. Bill Olson, a friend who teaches high school trap, went with me on the second round and was a great deal of help. This is the first year that I am actually getting any on the spot instructions. The first time I went out to shoot they just told me which direction to point. I think after a couple of times they just figured I knew how and was just bad. This year I may be able to improve steadily as I have a gun that actually fits.

Did I tell you that I play the Penny Whistle or Tin Whistle as it is sometimes called? Of course, I only play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and easy stuff from the "Tin Whistle for Dummies" books and I make cats cry, but I do play it. Seriously, Waylon used to come to wherever I was playing and cry. I don't know if it was my playing or just the tone of the whistle itself. Roxie fusses at me if I start whistling. I think the sound must hurt her ears.

Have a nice week.

Mary

No comments: