Tuesday, April 20, 2004

This will be short. It is 9:00PM. This morning I had to go for a followup mammagram. Thank the Lord. It came out OK so I am back on my usual checks again. It is always a little frightening when they want you to come back to check something "questionable".

Then I had my teeth cleaned. And tonight I went to Volunteer Appreciation Night Banquet for the volunteers to Rocky Knoll. I go out there every month or so to help the residents play bingo. They have such fun that it becomes fun for the volunteers. The staff out at Rocky Knoll is very caring and obviously take such good care of their charges. For those that do not know, Rocky Knoll is the county Health Care Hospital for many disabled people. We play bingo with the mildly retarded, aged and sometimes a bit disturbed. But they are all sweet and love to win their quarters which they can use in the vending machines.

Remember - Peace starts with a smile.

Mary

No comments: