Saturday, April 24, 2004

Such a chilly day. It was gloomy too. I went shopping, however, which did brighten the day. I replaced some wine glasses and lunch plates. The plates are actually considered dessert plates, but they make such a nice size for lunch. I found some really colorful plates with four different fruit patterns on them. They were 70% off so it was quite a deal. Go to Kohls if you are looking for bargains in the housewares department. I bought a couple of cutting boards too. I like to have two. One to use and one to wash and mine are getting pretty bad. I replaced one and got a spare for Jim.

Jim bought a dehydrater. I believe I mentioned that some time ago. He is dehydrating EVERYTHING and could use a cutting board for some of his things. He also purchased a slicer/chopper which I have been finding very handy for many things myself. I believe I will fix a carrot salad next week and it will be much easier to grind the carrots in the machine. But meat is better done on a board. I have some venison in a marinade to put into the dehydrator tomorrow. That should really be good.

Blessed Trinity has hired a new music minister. How great is that. We will have a rehearsal on Thursday and can be singing for Pentecost. We have really missed being able to sing in choir. I will have council meeting that night too so will only be able to attend a bit of the rehearsal but at least I will be able to meet her.

Here is a nice easy rather elegant dessert that Mother used to fix when we were young.

FRENCH PASTRY

1 Package Instant Chocolate Pudding
5 Whole Graham Crackers
1 Large Container of Cool Whip

Mix the pudding according to the recipe on the package. Break the crackers in half. Place two halves side by side about two inches apart. Spread about a tablespoon of pudding on each half. Layer another cracker and the pudding until they are all used up in two stacks. Cover each stack generously with the Cool Whip. Let set for a couple of hours so the crackers absorb some moisture. When serving, cut each stack in half and serve with the cut side down. It is nice to swirl a bit of chocolate syrup on the plate and over the pastry for effect.


Enjoy

Mary

No comments: