Thursday, April 22, 2004

I am full of ambition to be creative again. Maureen Smith, my friend in Chicago, had sent me a pattern for a Nativity Scene on blocks of wood almost two years ago. When we had our bathroom remodeled, the man who did the work was kind enough to cut the leftover supports into the lengths I needed. So the other day, I sent out an SOS to my brothers, Jeff and Randy and my brother-in-law Ken to locate a sander. Kenny responded and brought it over today and we rounded the edges of the chunks of wood.

Now - I have to cut all the pattern pieces out of the felt pieces that I have purchased and glue them together. I figured that would make a nice donation for the Festival of Trees this year. I have entered several stockings and a couple of wall hangings and this would be something really different. The Creche consists of the Holy Family, the Three Wise Men, a Shepherd, an Angel, a Donkey and two sheep.

I also started cutting out the pieces for Fire and Ice, a 35 by 35 wall hanging that really impresses me.

Kenny also brought me a video on Turkey Hunting. Randy, Kenny and I will be doing that in about a week. I hope I get a shot off at one anyway. I am using my 20 guage this year which is easier to handle than Randy's 12 guage. I did see a bird last year but it was before it was light and I could not idenitfy it as a Tom. One of the major rules is to KNOW YOUR TARGET.

"If God is your Copilot - swap seats"

See Ya

Mary



No comments: