Sunday, November 23, 2003

The hunt was successful. All came home safe and we got two deer in the party. Cory Carpenter got a nice doe and my nephew, Shane Deeley got a buck. We were glad for both. Shane comes from Florida for the hunt and hates to go back without filling out because he gets razzed. I still am trying to bag my first deer. I am going over to Hilbert to Jeff's house and go hunting again over there with Jeff and Shane. I had the misfortune of losing my license, God knows where. When I came out of the woods, the plastic envelope was torn and the tags were gone, so I had to get a duplicate today.

I have a rather amusing story to tell about our silly kitty, Roxie. A couple of evenings ago, I went to bed and was reading. I heard her in the closet. Next thing I knew, she was moving out of the closet, pushing a shoe box in front of her. After she got it completely out of the closet, she pushed the top off of it.

Last night, Dick told me to look at her. There she was sitting in the shoe box. She even curled up and napped with her head hung over the edge. We sure do get the odd ones.

Love

Mary

No comments: