Friday, November 21, 2003

Deer hunting tomorrow. We have quite a group. My brothers, Jeff and Randy, Jeff's son Shane, Randy's daughter Jessica, Bobbie, Lee and Cory Carpenter and me. Probably Jim Karl's son Jason will come out too. He always has. We lost Jim this past year but I would think Jason will still want to hunt.

We will dearly miss Jim. He always brought the beer for after the hunt and he always kept the knives sharp while we butcher the deer on the Friday after Thanksgiving. What a guy. Lots of great memories.

I have been given the job of bringing a 12 pack. I had to ask Jeff what kind as I don't drink it. I was told Miller Lite is the brew of choice so that is what is coming. I will get all ready tonight and just have to dress and move out in the morning. I pick Bobbie up at 4:00AM so we can get out to the woods by 5:45 and in our spots by 6:15 so we are ready for dawn at 6:30. WOW.

Wish us a safe hunt and a good one. I used the last of my venison a couple of weeks ago.

Love

Mary

No comments: