Friday, July 17, 2020

I was busy today.    I did four loads of wash to begin with.    Then

At 2PM I drove to the Lawton Country Club to meet with my Lawton Celtic Club.   We have not gathered since February.     There were 7 of us there.    I was so pleased.    We all miss each other and it was good to share the last few months.    Then for our "program" I told them some interesting and facts about St. Bridget, one of the patron saints of Ireland.

It was fun.    I feel fulfilled.

Dia dhuit
Mary

P. S.  It was really hot today.


A poem to St. Bridget

I'd like to give a lake of beer to God.
I'd love the Hevenly
Host to be tippling there
For all eternity.

I'd love themen of Heaven to live with me.
To dance and sing.
If they wanted I'd put at their disposal
Vats of suffering.

Whit cups of love I'd give them,
With a heart and a half:
Sweet pitchers of mercy I'd offer
To every man.

I'd make Heaven a cheerful spot,
Because the happy heart is true.
I'd make the men contented for their own sake
I'd like  Jesus to love me too.

I'd like the people of heaven to gather
From all the parishes around,
I'd give a special welcome to the women,
The three Mary's of great renown.

I'd sit with the men, the women of God
There by the lake of beer
We'd be drinking good health forever
And every drop would be a prayer.


No comments: