Sunday, October 08, 2017

Hi Again!!! I am back from my trip to England/Wales intact.   It was wonderful.  There were 25 people n the tour.  We had a wonderful tour director in Amanda who is a resident of Wales and our driver, Charlie, who reminded me every time I started to leave the bus without my cane.    I am not used to it but am better now.

FYI:   I don't need it around the house or for short "jaunts" but I found it invaluable for the longer walk abouts and it is not a bad idea to just have it there to lean on if I get tired.    It is a breathing thing.  Getting better but I need to keep building lung capacity

On Tuesday I have my last scheduled Chemo for this session and on Wednesday I start radiation.   I am supposed to be retired, I feel like I have a job now as I will be going for chemo every weekday.  (Not on weekends however.)

Nicky was sure glad to have me back.   I am so blessed to have a creature that loves me as much as he does.    I won't be leaving him again until April when I will go to the Wild Game Dinner AND the Celtic Women Conference.

The trip was so informative and fun.   We wandered around Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, The Roman Baths, and took a river cruise in London.   One of our fellow travelers wants my poetry books and paid me to send them.   I am so delighted.  She said she is going to order my cookbook on Amazon.   Any of you that don't have it look up my name or Schlitzhagen and Green Meatballs and you can order it.

My drive from Plano Texas to home was uneventful and easy.  I know that I am still viable.  Thank you Nora and Leif for putting me up and transporting me to the airport .   I don't know if you know it but time spent with you and Bing and Stenn was a BIG part of my vacation.

I WILL figure out how to send pictures.  Stenn discovered that my phone pictures actually tell me the location of the picture.   Things were blurring and now my phone is helping me:)

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: